Why Mocha Memoirs?
Our vision is to provide an outlet for outstanding speculative and romance stories that often fall beneath the radar of traditional publishing houses. We seek to provide quality stories that invigorate the reader’s literary palette like a good, strong coffee. Like great coffee houses, we offer a variety of flavors. We don’t just serve our coffee black.
Submission Guidelines (updated 6/2016)
Mocha Memoirs Press, LLC is a genre-oriented publishing company. We publish stories in the following genres: science fiction, fantasy, horror, and romance, including the sub-genres of steampunk, cyberpunk, diesel punk, alternate history, weird westerns, and mash-ups. Stories must be 10k-50k. Do not query for longer titles.
We want your best, polished, and ready to publish work. We want fresh, invigorating, and diverse stories. We are actively seeking stories with diverse people as the protagonists. Do not send us stories where the diverse characters are tokens and sidelined to secondary or villainous roles. We do not want caricatures of what you believe diverse people are like. Do your research.
What we do not want:
- Stories that glorify violence, racism, misogyny, or bestiality
Our Four Primary Lines: We offer four primary lines here at MMP. When querying, please tell us what line your story fits in.
- Dark Mocha Bites-Horror
- Steamy Mocha Amour-Romance
- Sword & Mocha-Fantasy (including urban fantasy, paranormal)
- Sci-Chai-Science fiction
*Espresso Shots-Any genre listed above, but must be 8-10k. These are short, complete, and strong stories that pack a large literary wallop in a short amount of words. Please note, these stories are often sold for .99.
How to Submit:
General MMP Submission Guidelines
- Stories must be 10k-50k. Do not query for longer titles. 50k is our limit at this time.
- Email to mochamemoirspress(at) gmail.com
- Mocha Memoirs Line Sub: [Your Story Title]; [Your Name] in the subject line.
- Attach your story as a DOC or DOCX file. Submissions sent in the body of the email will not be read. Stories should be in 12pt, Calibri font. Please double space. Don’t forget to include a title page that includes all contact information.
- Include a brief cover letter in the body of your email stating your name, pen name (if using one), story title with word count, a brief (1 paragraph) synopsis, and bio.
- No simultaneous submissions, please. We ask that you do not submit a story to us and to another market at the same time.
- Please don’t submit another manuscript until you have received an answer on your first submission.
Current Call for Submissions
We are currently CLOSED to submissions.